Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrora i-Pilot question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrora i-Pilot question

Didn't get any response on i-pilot thread so thought I would try here.....

Apologize in advance if this has already been answered but there is one thing I have noticed lately with my Terrova i-pilot that drives me crazy and just doesn't seem like it should be doing this. When I have "cruise control" set and then use the auto pilot feature the motor immediately starts going at a faster rate for a few seconds. For instance if I am traveling along at 0.4 mph and hit the auto pilot button it increases the motor speed quite a bit. It may increase me to say, 0.8 or more and then will eventually go back down to the desired speed. Although it typically gets back down to the proper speed within 10 seconds or so, it's just a bit annoying that it is doing this. I have only had the motor for a few months and I really don't remember it doing this in the beginning. I always have a full charge on the battery before I head out and never had an issue with it running low. Anyone else experiencing this with theirs?

Post Thanks / Like

Its just normal, mine always speeds up past the set speed then slows down.
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I always run mine with the auto pilot on and notice that when I make several small adjustments fairly quick it will ramp up some and then settle back down.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine has always done this and it is more noticeable when I make a hard turn. It always ramps back down within a few seconds. Mine is rarely on without being on cruise control.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys....I definitely love the motor and it's the best purchase I have made! Just wanted make sure something wasn't out of sorts.