Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OT: Deer Accident in Wisconsin. carefull

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT: Deer Accident in Wisconsin. carefull

I guess this is old, but also amazing, I've never seen it before.

It is very gross, so beware. Do not view if your sqeemish about blood, or around small children. I hope I don't offend anyone, but it is real life, and does show you what can happen if you're going too fast around deer. Supposably, a minivan hit the deer first, and threw it into the SUV.

If you're a deer hunter like I am, all the parts are recognizable. There’s no way this could be fake.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=777869
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've seen something similar

In 1980, a friend and I were driving to Cleveland for some dog shows and thought we saw a dog laying in the road, It was half of a Hereford. We figured the other half was on the front of a semi.

Seriously, deer collisions are not to be taken lightly. Our county averages 400 deer-car collisions every year. Doug was one of them in January 2001. It did nearly three thousand dollars damage to the car.
    A few years ago, a couple driving to work on Chapel Road in Butler County, Ohio were struck by an airborne deer that had been hit by a vehicle coming in the opposite direction. The woman in the car was decapitated by the deer's hooves as it slammed through the windshield. Be careful out there. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

A good reminder to slow down in deer country, thanks for reminding us. It's easy to forget what can happen under those circumstances. Wonder if the driver survived.........

Post Thanks / Like

Another, a Moose, and thankfully less bloody.
    http://www.ehowa.com/features/carvsmoose.shtml
    Unbelievable that this can even happen.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

The deer population in NC is starting to get out of control - I don't know how many wrecks are caused by deer in NC but it has to be alot - I had a deer run into the side of my truck one morning on the way to work and it was about $2700 worth of damage - I also have been in many near misses with deer as well - the NC Highway Patrol put those deer whistle devices on their vehicles due to the Troopers having so many accidents involving deer - but after the first year they did away with the devices because the accidents actually went up it did not appear as the things were working to deter deer from running out in the road maybe it even stirred them up to running out in the road - but I could kill a deer everyday if I wanted to - I just don't really like deer hunting that much - it was something I did because I did not know you could catch crappie in the winter - so now I fish instead deer hunt I did kill 2 this year and gave them to guys I work with that keep their freezer full all the time because they love to eat them - I like it alright just ain't my favorite thing either - but they do need thinning out in NC
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to like to see deer when traveling at night. Not anymore. I have been seeing more this year than ever before though. Like Crap-king, I was an avid deer hunter at one time. Prefer crappie fishing now.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

howdy; back about 10 yrs. ago the state of Maine polled the auto body shops in the state. wanted them to ask people that had deer strikes if they had those deer whistles on the car or not. turned out that more did than not. seems that the whistles actually attract the deer than repell them. the ratio was along the lines of 3:
    when I drove over-the-road I exploded afew deers. makes one h'll -of-a-mess. nothin to do except have venison hash with eggs in the mornin.
    ya'll stay warm and dry. tarfu