Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fillet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fillet knife

Have any of you used the Rapala Lithium Ion rechargeable fillet knife? If so would you recommend it? Have read some good reviews on it and some not so good. Most of the bad was blades stick in the handle. Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother has one and I've never heard a complaint about it. I had a battery operated one before the lithium came out and the batteries never lasted long enough on a big mess of fish. I've never seen the lithium go dead though!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. .I ordered one and hope it works good. .

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever used an American Angler? If no, you may love the Rapala. If yes, you gonna hate it. I wish I would have seen this post earlier. Sorry I was late.

Post Thanks / Like

No i haven't used a American Angler, so maybe I will not know the difference. Guess I should have posted on the Arkansas board..

Post Thanks / Like

Is the American angler wireless?
    Southern Life Outdoors Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

No sir im not aware of a wireless model. I will say I had an american angler for 12 years until it shorted out on me. For some reason I could not find an american angler to save my soul after mine had shorted out. So I bought mister twister (regular and the Pihranna model), berkley, 2 different rapala models, and a hamilton beach turkey carver from walmart. (I did not buy all of these at the same time, I was experimenting for over a year trying to find something close to the american angler). It never happened. So I took my 12 year old american angler and fixed it. Lasted 2 more years until the gears finally stripped this year. I ordered an american angler pro and it is just as powerful as my old school american angler. They are high but way worth it. Look at all the money I wasted trying to find something that was just as good. I hear about people hating electric filet knives, and I dont blame them if they have never tried an american angler. I will use nothing else. Im not affiliated or advertising them in no way. Just passing on hard learned info trying to save others from making all the mistakes I have.

I will say the hamilton beach turkey carver from wal-mart was no where near as good as american angler...... but it was better than all the others I have mentioned above. Have a great day and give us a review about ur wireless rapala. I have never personally used the wireless rapala. Im not opposed to trying new things, but I know what I personally experienced with american angler and the other products mentioned above.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the cordless Rapala, American Angler, Mister Twister and a Saltwater Mister Twister. The cordless is okay if you are doing just a few fish, but it is slow. The Mister Twisters are better but noisy. The American Angler is quiet, smooth and fast. It is easily the best of the bunch.