Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Week Family Camping/Fishing Trip to Truman and Pomme 8-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Week Family Camping/Fishing Trip to Truman and Pomme 8-10

Started out camping Monday at Talley Bend on Truman. Got a late start and set up camp Monday evening. Went out Tuesday Morning and Fought 25 mph Winds. Didn't Catch any Crappie. I was going to go back out that evening and try again but it was still windy and my daughter was fading fast from that mornings trip. I knew i had to do something drastic. The campground wasn't what she was expecting, No Swim beach, The water had just took a big fall and was dirty, And fishing wasn't the greatest for us. I was mainly just concerned for her to have a good time and enjoy her last week before school started.

Tuesday evening we decided to try something else, So we broke camp, packed up and Drove down to Pomme De Terre. Ended up staying at Wheatland Park. My daughters eyes lit up when she seen the park, how nice it was and the Clearer water. We setup in a site that was as close to the water as we could get, close to the swim beach and Shower House.
    Went out Wednesday morning and Found a brushpile in 24" FOW and Caught 4 nice keepers and a few Dinks. She enjoyed the rest of her day Swimming and playing and just doing kid stuff. She went tubing for her first time and had a ball!Name:  DSC_1009.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  37.0 KB
    Went back out that evening and she caught a huge Bluegill her first cast, Then another, and another, and another. So needless to say I could see real quick that she was having a blast catching them so we started fishing for them. My want to keep looking for Crappie Quickly faded as i watched her smile ear to ear reeling in Big Bluegills... we fished until dark and she was wanting to stay out longer. Then she said no, we need to go back so we can go to bed so we can get up at daylight and go again! We went back out Thursday morning and eve with the same results. We had to pack up and leave early on Friday. She got in a couple days of good exciting fishing for a 12 year old.... We had a great time on the water and camping as well. She cant wait to go again! Thats what its all about!
    A big thanks to jigfisherx for trying to put her on fish while we were at Truman. I appreciate all your Help and Advice!
    And to all of the others that commented!

Name:  20150813_113313.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  147.0 KBName:  20150812_195429.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  75.6 KBName:  20150812_204828.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  44.1 KBName:  20150812_210501.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  98.9 KBName:  20150817_111314.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  71.5 KB
    Likes south point, Green Wing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice pictures
    Likes blackriver4x4 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dad, that is great that you really tried to let your daughter have a good trip. Obviously, by the smile on her face she enjoyed the experience. Sounds like a good trip for everyone and thanks for sharing the experience with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dad. Sometimes you have to change your game plan and you made all the right moves. Congrats. You must have been up half the night cleaning those gills.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip Andy sorry we never got a chance to have a face to face. Maybe we can hook up over Christmas break. Temperature permitting it can be real good then.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip! That's what it's all about.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and very nice pics. Glad to hear you ended up with a great and memorable trip.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a great vacation, don't matter what brand of fish is biting, as long as the bite is hot!

Post Thanks / Like

glad you all had a good time and found some fish, sounds like a great trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast