Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new Helix and Navionics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my new Helix and Navionics

First thing I was concerned with was to make sure the transducer would fit between the prop an keel on my trolling motor, like a hand in a glove. Next I got the transducer wire inside the power cord on my Minn Kota Power V2, down thru the the front compartment and up thru the hole in the deck. Then I Put the plug end up the the hole in the deck and the other end went down and got hooked up to the power supply. Plugged the the power and transducer wires in an.....What the?? After reading the manual, it seems they're almost making it mandatory that you register your unit. I have to get an SD card and go to their webpage, register, and then they will load my SD card which I then plug into the unit in order to make it work. If nothing else it had taught me a little more patients.
    Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My Helix worked without doing that.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes slabseeker1 LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not have to register or have a card. Just turn it on and it works. You need to register for warranty then need a card if you want to down load any updates but neither is mandatory to use the unit.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    My Helix worked without doing that.
    When I turned it on, it couldn't find the sonar. I just went back, read and figured I'd need to load the program for sonar.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, OK, so I get it now. There's a lot a buttons to push on this thing. I can see its gonna take awhile to get used to all these buttons and tabs. Can't wait to get to the lake now to see how it reacts on the water. Guys y'all were right, doesn't need a thing to get it going. Thanks for making me check again.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Get on the lake turn it on.....hit menu and move curser with arrow buttons and press buttons.....everything will work.....I played with mine about thirty minutes and got it all set like I wanted it. Works great.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Russ, what you're experiencing is exactly why I was so late to get into the hi-tech electronics game. To put it bluntly....I didn't want to have to learn how to operate the confusing things! I finally let Dean and Rickie shame me into going with my 1st 788 then 898.

Rickie has a way of calming nerves down about the electronics. The 1st time he got in my boat to play with my 788 and 898 his 1st question was "What do you want it to do?" I guess that made me think about all the confusing stuff I had zero desire to learn or use. They put 100X more crap on those units for sales points than the average fisherman will ever want or need. You just need to decide what screens you want to use and get rid of all the clutter.

Now you need to do what I do when I get confused about my units--- call Rickie.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes short grub, slabseeker1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Rickie! I haven't hit the lake yet and confused already. I'll have it down pat by November 6th, just in time for the tourney. Chaunc will you be down for a match up?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabseeker1 View Post
    Oh Rickie! I haven't hit the lake yet and confused already. I'll have it down pat by November 6th, just in time for the tourney. Chaunc will you be down for a match up?
    Right now, it doesn't look like i'll make it but hopefully that will change by October. And remember, i'm not the defending champ this year. I finished around fifth last year. We'll both be gunning for the champ.

Post Thanks / Like

We could hold our own tournament �� how many hush puppies can you eat Chaunc?
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast