Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie.com Calendar Update! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Crappie.com Calendar Update! ! !

WOW!
    The response has been spectacular to the "Call For Photos" to be considered for the First Annual Crappie.com Calendar! Thanks to all of you who have sent photos. We received 62 photos from members in the first 24 hours!

To clear up a few minor details:
    (1) It is our intention to consider one "single" photo...your favorite. Some of you have sent multiple photos and that is OK. We are not that difficult to get along with. We were more worried about the mailbox filling up before we could get back the next morning and someone's photo getting kicked back.

(2) The photo submitted can be of one single fish or a whole boatload.

(3) The photo could also be of your favorite lake or river scene.

(4) It's going to be difficult at best to choose from the great photos being submitted already. If your photo does not make the calendar, it will not be because it's a crummy picture. There's only so much room in a calendar for photos.

(5) I still haven't figured out a way to make my email address "hot" in the "Call For Photos" but I am still working on it. It is kinda hard to read so I am including it here with "translation". (I didn't have this problem before they made me change my email address.) It's [email protected]
    The macdru is plain enough, that's my screen name. The next two letters are SL because Sudden Link bought out Cox. I had to have some way to distinguish between the two during the transition.

If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to email me!

Again, Thanke to everyone and keep those photos coming in!
    Dru
    Dru Richards :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have one sexy chick for your calendar if you want it holding a 17 inch hog.

PS. Its the pic on my avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Dru has graciously volunteered his services to bring us our first Crappie.com Calendar. With his expertise this should promise to be one fantastic calendar. And this likely will start a new tradition here on Crappie.com.

I thank everyone for their photo submissions. This is cool as I too eagerly wait to see what made the calendar. This is going to be fun. Thanks again Dru.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

So who chooses what pictures get used? Why not have the members choose them unless that would be to complicated.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default About choosing the pictures. . .

I actually thought of doing some kind of poll, and perhaps looking forward to next year's calendar, maybe we can figure out a way to do just that. You can imagine how much space this large a number of photographs would take. That total is over 100 and there's one more week to go.

I enlisted the help of three people outside my office who have no connection to Crappie.com to do the honors this year because of time constraints.

We have received so many great photos I almost want to publish a Crappie.com Yearbook and include them all! However, the cost of publishing such a thing might become prohibitive.

Dru
    Dru Richards :D

Post Thanks / Like

Dru, I think you are doing a smart thing by getting non-crappie.com members to do the judging. That way there is no bias. This is a great thing you are doing for crappie.com.:D
    Thanks
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care who does the judging. I think it's a wonderful idea and I'm sure ALL the pictures submitted are great!

I'll be looking forward to the chance to support Crappie.com and help Ed AND get a nice bunch of pictures on a calender that I'll use throughout the year.

Thanks again Dru!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

what anchorpuller said
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

can't wait to get a calendar, when, where, and how?

Post Thanks / Like

if the pics have dates on them, then they should represent that monts fishing....just a thought, but i 3rd anchorpullers post.......i'm sure any/every pic submitted if great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast