Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulling cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pulling cranks

What is the best time of day to pull cranks. It has cooled down high tomorrow is 84 should I wait till it warms up to start pulling. I have tried a few times but I think I might be going to early and leaving before all the pleasure boats get out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The only advice I can give you is just stay on the water. It's kind of been a hard summer to figure anything out. I have caught some early and some late but not many at anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike here is a good write up on pulling cranks by Bernard Williams and Mr. Williams said around 10:00 to 11:00am was the best time.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/conte...rnard-Williams
    Be safe and good luck fishing

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's best when you have the time, but the fish decide when you'll catch the most. Some days I have been busy from beginning of first light to when I leave many hours later. Mostly I do OK from about an hour after sunup on. If I go real early these days I pitch brushpiles for a little while then go to pulling. Good luck and keep after it, you'll learn your waters soon.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caught good numbers on cranks right at daylight and when it is almost too dark to see rod tips in the afternoon. My most productive times have been late morning to early afternoon. Recently I started at daylight and only had 3-4 keepers by 10AM. From 10AM till 12:30, I finished out a limit of 20 on the exact same areas as where I started. I think the sun angle had everything to do with it. Of course those July and August mid-day trips can be brutal (sun exposure, high temps and lake lice out the wazoo) but productive.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Some say the hottest part of the day. I have seen this to be very true often, but also what coincides with that is the fish and game graph. If I can......I go when that thing says its going to be the best. I have been hitting the water by 0700 the last couple trips and have caught 60 or better before it even gets hot. When the game graph says its supposed to be good in the hottest part of the day....I catch em in the hottest prt of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

OH....I will add, when the game graph says the hottest part of the day is going to be best and the water temp has risen........ That has been my very best bites ever!

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the one that I use personally.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I started at 9:00 this morning tried pushing And pulling cranks couldn't get a bite every color I had. No luck switched over to long linging a 1/16 jig and a 1/32 jig combo same area got 6 nice keepers and assortment of bass to drum. Was a great day to be on the water. Just going to take some time and practice to learn this crank bait thing. Just hope I figure it out before my wife sees how much I've spent lol
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast