Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Linecounters best prices?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Linecounters best prices?

Hello there am looking at finally ordering some linecounters any recommendations? Also what does everyone run for pole length? I have all 16' wally trool techs was thinking of adding 2-12' and 2-8' with the 2-16's

Post Thanks / Like

Northwoods Outlet for the reels. For the 12s an 8 ft rods pinnacle limit rods from Grizzly. I think 4 for $66.00 and you can mix sizes and get 2 of each.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

FishUSA actually has some of the best prices on Line counters.

If you are going for cheap, Okuma Magda isn't a bad buy. I've had some for quite awhile. Only issue with them is the counter button is on the top and has a tendency to malfunction over time. Especially if they are in a rod locker box or something banging around. I prefer the Diawa Shoreline or Accudepth series. The counter reset button is on the side and must be pushed down instead of pushed in. They seem to last a little bit longer. Size 15 on the magda's or I think the smallest size on the accudepth is a 20 or 25 (can't remember how their numbers go).

Make sure you spool them up all the way. If not, you will not get an accurate reading on the counter. Always calibrate it before you use it just to see if the counter is accurate. You can always backspool black tape to fill the void and then only put on 100 yards or so of your favorite line. Line retrieve on the magda is about 24 inches per turn of the crank on a full spool, the Accudepth is closer to 25ft per turn.

Hope that helps you
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    FishUSA actually has some of the best prices on Line counters.

If you are going for cheap, Okuma Magda isn't a bad buy. I've had some for quite awhile. Only issue with them is the counter button is on the top and has a tendency to malfunction over time. Especially if they are in a rod locker box or something banging around. I prefer the Diawa Shoreline or Accudepth series. The counter reset button is on the side and must be pushed down instead of pushed in. They seem to last a little bit longer. Size 15 on the magda's or I think the smallest size on the accudepth is a 20 or 25 (can't remember how their numbers go).

Make sure you spool them up all the way. If not, you will not get an accurate reading on the counter. Always calibrate it before you use it just to see if the counter is accurate. You can always backspool black tape to fill the void and then only put on 100 yards or so of your favorite line. Line retrieve on the magda is about 24 inches per turn of the crank on a full spool, the Accudepth is closer to 25ft per turn.

Hope that helps you
    Thanks so much guys will look this weekend thanks