Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got my limit yesterday at Eureka, 1-11-07

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Got my limit yesterday at Eureka, 1-11-07

My fishing buddy an I got our limits yesterday at the heated dock at Eureka. The wind was blowing about 35mph but inside the fishing was fantastic..Four people total caught their 50 fish, of course on that lake its pretty easy..Predominant color was blue/white 1/8 ounce jigs pinkhead...The biggest fish were only 10 & 1/2. Three hours of fishing was all it took..Looks like the weather is changing back to winter, spring will be here before you know it...Good fishing everyone!

wiperhyper Guest

postalrock- Where is this Eureka you speak of? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a lifetime resident of Kansas and that doesn't ring a bell. I do however like the challenge of heated docks/boatslips fishing in winter can provide.thanks later wiperhyper

Post Thanks / Like

Wiperhyper- Eureka Lake is four miles north of Eureka, you turn on state street..Water acreage is the same as lake afton which is west of Wichita..The lake is in upper part of the flint Hills and drainage is mostly off of grazing land which makes the lake a semi-clear lake which is great for Kansas...It has I believe around the fourth highest white crappie population per acreage of water...It has two boat ramps on both sides of the damn..There are cabins and houses around 75% of the lake with plenty of boat docks to fish around..Maximum depth in the middle is around 25 feet to 30 feet...It has a good largemouth population, with a good catfish population and Fish and game have stocked wipers and saugeye to try and control the crappie to no avail yet...It has a heated dock in about 10 ft of water on the South side of the damn, and doesn't get much pressure even though its 60 miles east of Wichita...Hope this helps...Good fishing to you...