Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clear Water Mustard With a Touch of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Clear Water Mustard With a Touch of Green

Another unexpected turnaround

Neighbor that I gave a few bait to try out some time ago called me and asked if I could make him some more Pollywogs, not quite understanding exactly what I gave him to try, I dug through what I felt would fit the picture and decided to use a color that surprisingly worked well for me earlier, a Yellow with Black Glitter that turned a Mustard Color, then topping it off with some Speckled Green (Dr Nip’s Recipe)

(The turn out didn’t look all that bad, sort of a John Deere color.)

Brought them over to him, said these look great but not what I meant, then he showed me some 2.5” Stinger Wutz-It bait, now looking at it kind of resembled a pollywog.

Went back and found a few packets I had left to let him try out.

Next day felt I’m going to try my new color and see what happens.
    WOW!
    Not sure if that color was Hot on that day or the winning combination of that kind of bait and it’s color, as caught a bunch of Small Large Mouth, ton of Crappie, and even some Gills.
    Casting the shallows using just the #4 Keel Hook, later putting on a 1/64oz bullet sinker on deeper water.
    I only had four of that bait that got so chewed up couldn’t keep them on the hook any more.
    Got in only to make up another Batch of those killer colors

Had to share this turnaround Mustard/Green PIC with you

billygee :rolleyes:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Super-charged John Deere. Nice job. As a rule I am not much for yellow or yellow/green baits because I don't see much action on them. Red is another negative color around here. But that bait looks like a real cracker for crappies. I've considered that dual paddletail mold. I might have to send you a couple bucks for a bait sample to see how it works. Vacation first, then I'll contact you. I have an appointment with some lake trout and salmon for a couple days and now this will distract me. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Them some good looking baits. Have you ever tried fishing them on top for Small bass

Post Thanks / Like

CTom
    No problem,
    just PM me your add. I'll get some off to you.

lowe175
    In the waters I fish, "Clear Spring Fed Lakes", these bait just hit the water and hardly get a chance flutter before they get Blasted. as I used some bullet split shot to get it deeper for the Crappie other wise they will work well fluttering the surface on a medium retrieve

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a good color combination I've always liked the green and yellow to gather as you will see in the post that I'm doing today.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice color combo!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Remains of the Dual Paddletail

CTom

Had to Show a Down Fall of the Paddletail
    Seems with the hatch of the Fry Bass and Bluegill, take a toll on the the legs getting bit off, as once you get past them in deeper water Watch Out, Never Know what Lunker awaits that Bait

Attached Images Attached Images