Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnkota Forgot Something and some Crank Pulling for first time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota Forgot Something and some Crank Pulling for first time

Minn Kota forgot something when they designed the Ulterra. I went night fishing last night and I can tell you that the Ulterra isn't made for night fishing. No arrow light like my Maxxum had. So you have to guess which direction you are going. Plus the green power on light is very, very bright. It will blind you. I put my hat over it every time I stopped. I don't night fish but a couple of times a year. It sure wasn't as good as it used to be. Also, can you imagine how the electric motor sounds on a no wind quiet night? The Ulterra isn't very quiet going in and out of the water. Everyone in that cove was probably saying what the heck was that. LOL

On the good side. I pulled crankbaits for a few of hours before it got dark and caught 6 keeper crappie, a 3lb drum, 2 hybrids, 5 stripe white bass and a 4-5lb catfish. I learned a lot! For one, the Ulterra was awesome at pulling cranks and I need some better rods. That drum and catfish almost broke my rods! Pretty violent strikes going 1.8mph and then reeling them in 100 feet was interesting. lol I now know what I need. Better rods, better reels, better rod holders and get that braid off my poles until I get the hang of this. I had 3 or 4 messes and the braid made it 100 times worse! It was a good learning trip day and night.
    Likes chaunc, RMGeorge LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out. I understand the green light. I just use my gps with compass. My wife usually tells me where to go.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "D", jaxsprat, skeetbum, sniperei LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with some of what troubles you, but I can tell you how I fixed my charger light problem. I drive truck and the power supply for my GPS had a bright blue indicator light that bothered me. Black tape cut to fit the area the light is in and use a needle to punch a tiny hole to let the light show without being overbearing. Worked for me.
    Yankin Cranks is a ball, glad you're enjoying it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes sniperei LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quality tackle makes our fishing more enjoyable, for sure. Case in point..my wife bought me a combo for my bday in the mid 80s, still use it today. Glad you like that Ulterra, yes I am jealous.