Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Standard Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Standard Issue

Hey guys,

I am wondering what kind of fishing combo should I make as the standard issue kind of thing for my middle school fishing club? I mostly got experienced members with their own tackle and going to their own youth tournaments, aka Anantha, but this year, I am recruiting non anglers. Currently, I am looking at Zebco 202 combos and a bunch of 1" grubs and jig heads. To make room for as many field trips on the water as possible, I need to budget out things, especially since my school is full of outdoorsmen...... Do you know of any better beginner setups?

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it simple. IF cane poles are out, then yea the Zebco are hard to beat. Kids have been learning to fish on Zebco for decades. I prefer to use a single hook and fixed bobber. Break off a piece of worm and let them bait the hook. Just about everything eats worms. Best part, they can dig bait out of their back yards. We used to let the garden hose run for several hours on a patch of open dirt, then go harvest. Nothing like some worm guts under the finger nail to spur fishing war stories.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Check this site out it may save you some money on some better low cost reels and rods.

Buy Discounted Fishing Rods, Reels, Line and Tackle From Berkley, Abu Garcia, Fenwick, Mitchell, Spider and Johnson.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

For beginners, I always use bait and either a cane pole or a fiberglass telescopic pole.

Take this as gospel:

More Bluegills
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 08-10-2015 at 10:04 PM.