Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake

Strippit Boy Guest

Default Kentucky Lake

I am looking for info on KY Lake. I haven't fished there yet and would like to go in 2005 for some crappies.Any info on time of year and location would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Paris TN area of Kentucy Lake. It's upriver and has great crappie fishing in the entire area. Check out this web site for some great maps of the this area of KY lake www.kentuckyhydrografx.com

If you want to hire a guide to help put you on the fish fast then call Richard Williams and or email him to find out when he is availalbe.

There are many places to stay in this area. Paris Landing State park is one and there are motels that cater to fishermen right along the highway 79 that runs acoss the bridge there at Paris landing. There are many camp grounds and resorts of all types. Might get a copy of the Henry Country roads too.

Just type in "kentucky lake" in your search browser and or goole this information. You should be able to find lots of good places to stay. Most of the resorts have their own web sites so you can see pictures of the cabins and the facilities.

Oh and don't forget your fishing poles LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Strippit Boy
    I am looking for info on KY Lake. I haven't fished there yet and would like to go in 2005 for some crappies.Any info on time of year and location would be appreciated.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Strippit Boy
    As Moose mentioned there are a host of places to stay and a lot of good fishing on KY Lake. I have not fished the Tennessee part of KY lake but the Kentucky portion has a lot of stake beds that are visible and are great attractors for the crappie. Here are a couple of website that are from the Ky end of the lake

http://fishin.com/reports/ky/ky-2/kylake.htm (this guide is primarily bass fishing)

http://kentuckylake.com/fishingreport.htm (general lake info in KY)

Also watch Richard Williams reports on this board
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Feel free to jump in on the 'main board' along with the Kentucky & Tennesse boards.

Glad to have you join us. Assume since you come on the Illinois board that you are an Illini. Hope you'll join in again and have a good new year.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Barry...thanks for the info on the Ky part of Ky. lake...most posts I read on here deal with the Tn. part of the lake and I was beginning to wonder if the upper part was any good. And obviously the Ky part of the lakes are much closer to us folks here. Do you have much experience on the Ky part of the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Blood River arm 2 years ago this April and had a ball . Tried fishing brush piles and all I caught was short fish . Started fishing stake beds and docks and found the better fish . Biggest one I caught while I was there was over 15 inches . I stayed in Murray Kentucky which is about 10 miles from the lake and it's a lot cheaper than staying on the lake . Plannig on going down some time in the first two weeks in April this year .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Bruce Guest

I've fished the blood river many times and have had good luck, besides the brush piles I troll along the banks where two hills form a small valley with a rocky bottom and tossed unbrella jig tword the shore and had good luck with this. at the far end ther are a lot of tree that are flooded at times and caught quite a few jigging around them. they call this area crappie hollow. there is a guide linked to paradise resort that is great about talking to you about how the fishing is, his name is John Morgan give him a call he's allways been straight with me. Bruce

Strippit Boy Guest

I read that Last week of March thru mid April is usually prime at Paris Landing area of Kentucky Lake. Is there any truth to this ?

Strippit Boy Guest

I will be at Paris Landing 4-3-05 thru 4-8-05 Anybody have any info on that time and or part of the lake. I have heard about eagle creek and blood river. Just checking to see if anybody is doing any good there or around Paris Landing area. This is new water to us would appreciate any info.