Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wilderness ATAK vs Native Slayer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness ATAK vs Native Slayer

I've been looking to purchase a fishing kayak for a year or so now. I have two cheap ones that I bought at Dick's but neither are really good for fishing. Anyway, for a while I have been sold on the Native Slayer. It looked like the perfect boat, until I saw this new ATAK. I love the elevated seat on the ATAK. Has anyone had any experience with them? I know they are really new. I assume they are available now.

Thanks.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the new Air-Pro seat on my Ride 115 and it makes a big difference keeping your tail comfortable. Would be great if you could try out both to see how you like each one.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Native Slayer and sold it and got my WS Ride 135. The WS seat is superior comfort.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

hang on .check out the new perception pro 12 coming out..829 and its loaded..looks like a nice kayak plus academey sports is easy to deal with. 829.00 i couldve got me and my son one for what i spent on my nucanoe , i know its decked out with extras in pic but, it will have the box for battery fishfinder like the ride 115x has, plus anchor trolley and a few other goodies
    Name:  11811462_10152995263601776_2968848801547466436_n.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  46.3 KB
    Last edited by jhef; 08-07-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Likes RetiredRR, STUMP HUNTER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I like about the Slayer and the ATAK is the large flat standing area. Most other kayaks have a "console" type thing in the center of the kayak so your feet have to be on either side of it. Seems like that could get uncomfortable after a while. The large flat area will allow you more room to put your feet, stand sideways, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

a guy in a atak fished with me for a little bit this afternoon. first one ive seen up close...man that atak is nice...i wish id looked into them before i bought my pursuit...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiger9297 View Post
    The thing I like about the Slayer and the ATAK is the large flat standing area. Most other kayaks have a "console" type thing in the center of the kayak so your feet have to be on either side of it. Seems like that could get uncomfortable after a while. The large flat area will allow you more room to put your feet, stand sideways, etc.
    That's where the Nucanoe boats shine. Completely open floor plan. You can walk front to back and the only thing in you way would be the seat and any gear. Yes, I'm a dealer for Nucanoe, but I also own one and love it for the ability to change things up as needed
    Craig Blankenship
    www.craigsoutdoorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like

as a owner of 3 nucanoe classics one frontier 12 and now a nucanoe pursuit..i would recommend the a.ta.k. or any thing else.. the frontier is a great fishing platform terrible to paddle..the pursuit is great for paddling but a terrible fishing platform...