Hello All,

Wow, what a beautiful night for fishing. God graced us with a Blue Moon on calm waters. At sunset the moon was a gorgeous orange fireball in the evening sky. I can’t speak for others, however the fish where hitting hard. I had the honor of taking my wife with me during this tournament, actually she asked to go. Quick background, my wife’s idea of camping is the Hilton on wheels, and her idea of fishing is Dixon’s Seafood during a Sale.

I spent my night playing guide. Finding fish, showing her how to see fish on the sonar unit, baiting the hook, tying on new hooks, and fish removal. About the only thing I caught was tree. Fortunately she managed to land a few, most decided to self-release at boats edge. We even had the stereo jamming out and in the background we heard a local band practicing their music.

I did manage to look out across the lake several times during the night. Best I could tell HOI Crappie Club was the only ones on the water. Too bad, the rest of you missed a memory for the books.

Tournament results were mixed. Everyone brought fish to the scale, some more than others. I believe one team almost brought a snake back to the ramp, not by choice. Lol

Evergreen Lake August 1st 2015 Night Tournament Results.
1st Place Team: Dan Whitecotton and Brent Whitecotton, 3lbs 3.9 ounces
2nd Place Team: Mike and Pat Brockhouse, 2lbs 10.1 ounces
3rd Place Team: Nick Frost and Chad Anderson, 12.7 ounces

Big Fish- named “The Big Kahuna” by my wife weighed 12.2 ounces.

We really had a great time!!!

Tim Hanauer
HOI Crappie Club
Name:  IMG_0449.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  132.8 KB
Name:  Big Fish 2015-Aug.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  78.6 KB