Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just got back from LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back from LOZ

Fished from our dock in lick branch and it was only 10 ft deep so there was just nothing there. I took some pvc structure and sunk it to see if i could get some to come in in the week i was there and only caught a nice bluegill off it. Had a under water led light and still nothing. I had to get out on the boat to get to them. started catching them off the main channel on shad pods. I only had crank baits that would dive to 8' and was marking them at 12'-16'. I had to improvise and so i had some 2 oz lead weights. I put them 2 ft in front of the crank baits and it made the lines at about a 45 degree angle at 1.5-1.9 mph. So to fish 12 feet i only had to let out about 17 ft of line. it worked great. Started catching them. Every time i got on them the waves became to much. I give you LOZ fishers credit, those big dumb boats creating whitecaps is just ridiculous. In a 15' jon boat it is a death wish staying out there. We were trolling 20' inside a no wake when a 30' boat roars by us pulling a tuber 20' on the other side of the no wake buoy and about swamped us. Caught about 9 over 2 days but could not fish long due to traffic. Still had fun. Got to show my dad how to pull crank baits and he was impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the home of the lake lice. But good work getting a few! I have not tried weights in front of the cranks yet but need to do that. I use the 5am to 9am rule. U won't catch me out there after 9 in the morning causes too much anger
    Likes wharfrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Only been on LOZ twice. There's a reason.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

5 to 9 is a good rule to follow this time of year!
    It was crazy on our end of the lake on Saturday. Everyone packed Ha Ha Tonka Cove. There was absolutely no regard for fishermen and docks around there. No-Wake Buoys? What are those?
    I guess the party ended fairly early, because we were able to go out and relax Saturday night from 7 until past dark. But up until that time, it was like rush hour traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the idea of the weights from guys that spider rig and push crank baits. they use 3 oz weights. We caught some so i guess it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the catching!! Braver than me, 15' johnboat on LOZ, No Thanks!