Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BPS Plastics

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS Plastics

Are the BPS plastics any good? Tubes, grubs, cajun critter all look good but never used them. Any good colors to use? What are the comparision to Southern Pro?

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lot of the BPS Squirmin Squirts in the 2 inch size . They have 18 different colors and they cost about 1.39 for 15 . I do use other brands as well but these are good little baits .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the tubes a lot. I they're pretty good. Colors are relative to conditions and water clarity. I like tri color black/green/chart, orange/chart, black/chart, blue/chart, blue/white, yellow/white, pink/white, green/white... I think I could go on and on.

I think the biggest thing is find a color you catch fish on and then you'll have confidence in it. For me my go to's are the tri color and the orange/chart.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some from BPS a little while back, only got to use them one time. The Crappie Beaver seams like it will work real well, the only time I used it, the first three cast caught a fish.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I like their tubes. I have tried many other brands and have found that bps has a good quality tube. colors do not fade very much over time and the size and cut of the tube is very consistant. Many other brands have a longer tube body and I have found that crappie don't seem to like that as much. BPS tubes have a shorter body with just the right length of tail. It looks more compact and I have gained confidence in that aspect of the bait. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Well, Kid ...

Quote Originally Posted by crappiekid24
    Are the BPS plastics any good? Tubes, grubs, cajun critter all look good but never used them. Any good colors to use? What are the comparision to Southern Pro?
    I've been using BPS Sparkle Squirts for as long as I can remember using plastic "tube" jig bodies :D
    My favorite is the "Electric Blue/Chartreuse" in 1.5" size.

In comparison to "Southern Pro" tubes .... I've found SP tubes to be a little bit "softer" (which can be a + or - ) ... but, otherwise, comparable to BPS Squirts/Sparkle Squirts.
    There are a lot of good tube mfg's out there. Most have the usual array of colors & combo's. Lengths are usually: 1.5" ... 1.75" ... 2" --- so you can always find pretty much whatever color & size you're looking for.

Don't forget to look over (and consider using) the Crappie Pro Solid Body Tubes
    Panfish Assassins --- Charlie Brewer Slider Grubs --- Fin-S-Fish minnow body --- Culprit Crappie Grubs --- Renegade Solid Body Tubes ..... are some other choices to consider.

...... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the tubes and they work great. Recently I have switched to a local guy that makes jigs. But I have had great success with them.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Got a BPS Crappie kit for Xmas and have been pleased with the quality of the plastics themselves (tubes, mini-craws, mini-frogs, minnows and grubs) but haven't landed anything with them yet. I think the spawn will change that....

Hey crappiepappie: have you been in my tacklebox? Every plastic you named is in there....

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

I have used BPS tubes, there good, Southern Pro are also good, Also Cabelas has a good selection.

Gonefission
    Bill