Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New two color Bandit Crank Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default New two color Bandit Crank Baits

What do you'all think about the new two color (pattern) Bandit crank baits

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my all-time favorite fishing personalities was Tom Mann. I had the pleasure of talking to him several times in Eufaula at his place. I asked him what his favorite color Jelly Worm was and he said purple. When I asked him why he produced so many colors when purple worked most all the time. He said it was to catch the fishermen.

Same logic applies to all bait companies and fishermen. New color--we all have to buy one to find out our old reliable would have done just as well. That's what keeps the economy going.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes "G", Cmj, armyman, Tony the Tiger, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    One of my all-time favorite fishing personalities was Tom Mann. I had the pleasure of talking to him several times in Eufaula at his place. I asked him what his favorite color Jelly Worm was and he said purple. When I asked him why he produced so many colors when purple worked most all the time. He said it was to catch the fishermen.

Same logic applies to all bait companies and fishermen. New color--we all have to buy one to find out our old reliable would have done just as well. That's what keeps the economy going.
    Well said Mrdux. Like I always said......just because it looks good to us, that don't mean the fish will like it. Those bandits look good, and I would like to have some, but I'll wait and see some reports on 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

45 years ago when I used to fish with my Paw Paw he said all you need for " green trout " is a purple worm or a yellow Sally.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught between 100 - 150 fish Saturday

Mostly sand bass pulling bandits 300 on 10 lbs line.

It was wild for about 3 hours

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why Toad Frog is no longer made. No one bought any, but it is one of the best . I usually end up with 2 in my spread. I would of never bought them but they were on sale for 1.88.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Thats why Toad Frog is no longer made. No one bought any, but it is one of the best . I usually end up with 2 in my spread. I would of never bought them but they were on sale for 1.88.
    I'll have to take your word for it since I repainted all 30 of mine.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Try mad cow

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno. I ain't never caught crap on Mad Cow or Mistake. Anything chrome or gold what is working form me here lately, but, tomorrow is another day.

Caught a lot of channel catfish on rattletraps. I put them up. Last week, crappie liked um.

I don't care. I am just blessed to get in a boat and "do it".
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes armyman, Tn Johnboy, M R Dux, crp4570, skeetbum LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with ya Tom, just glad to go. My last trip netted me 2 whisker trout, 2 LMB, 1 crappie and 1 stripe. I knew within the first 30 minutes it wasn't happenin that day but stayed almost 3 hours anyway. I also never did anything on a mad cow, but have done well on a mistake from time to time, but not every time. I have sold most of my Bandits since I started painting my own and I like having the extra space in the boxes. Haven't had my hands on the new offerings yet but I'd like to see em in person. I've bought some oddballs over the years that did very well til everyone and their cousins started throwing them and then they died down. Drag em out a couple of years down the road and they produce once again. I think they get tired of seeing the same thing every twenty minutes. Remember the Snagless Sally? Once the spinnerbait became popular they sat on the shelf and went into the bargain bin. They never slowed down for me, and I liked the new price too. I hope they do well with the new ones, the others do pretty good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around