Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube Jigs

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tube Jigs

What colors whould you recommend in tube jigs. Also are the BPS brand tube jigs better then Southern Pro? Also what kinda of jigs would you recommend to put with the tubes? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

red/white; pink/white; black/green; green/white; somedays i dont think it even matters, but others i think it does

small jigs: 1/16 or close to

Post Thanks / Like

Black/red/white, Red/pearl/smoke, Red/White/Clear, Black/orange/Pumpkin
    TC05, TC10, TC19, TC21
    Tri-colors
    4 great gotos for me. :D
    And I'd go with the 1/32, 1/16 and even the 1/8 if going to fish 20 foot of water.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

red/white blue/white red/chart. blu/chart. purp/chart blk/chart. pink/pearl
    yellow/white and the sparkle series. SOUTHERN PRO!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow My answer would be ....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiekid24
    What colors whould you recommend in tube jigs. Also are the BPS brand tube jigs better then Southern Pro? Also what kinda of jigs would you recommend to put with the tubes? Thanks.

Colors to have (basic): blk/char - red/char - pink/char - green/char - solids in the following (wht - blk - pink - green - blue) .... sparkles are optional, but do add "flash" to the bait.

Recommended jig heads - P&S Custom Tackle Weedless (V-wing or brush style) in 1/16oz & 1/32oz.

If you're not so much into weedless jigheads (for whatever reason) ... take a look at Crappie Magic jigheads & kits --- Teezur jigheads --- or any one of a number of other jigheads, custom made/painted by other members of this site.

...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use 1/16 or 1/32 oz jig heads. BPS has produced for me. But I like solid body jigs. Last longer in my opinion.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I like yell/wht purp/wht blk/char &plain blk yell wht purp ltgreen seems to be the main ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I like purple/white purple chart all the good ols stand-by's black/chart red chart ect but what I also started using is the BPS blood squirt kits(havent found them seperatly yet) I used them last weekend and did better than all the boats around me

Post Thanks / Like

If you are fishing clear water then use colors that are transluscent but if you have stained and muddy water then use the solid colors. I fish in stained waters and have good luck with: green/chart, blue/chart, black/chart, blue/white, red/chart, pink/white, orange. these are my confidence colors but they will hit other colors on any given day. If I were you, I'd buy a good selection of colors and find out what works on your waters. Tubes are cheap. They'll let you know pretty quick when you find them. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both BPS and Southern Pro, But Like crappiencali I use more solid bodied grubs. Red/white, Black /chart, Firecracker, 1/32-1/8 oz

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast