Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go in the next couple weeks.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to go in the next couple weeks.....

I am wanting to take my 12 year old Daughter Camping in the next 2 weeks. I would like to put her on some crappie somewhere To keep her interest in Crappie Fishing. I would like to try somewhere different. I live in Southeast Mo Near Clearwater Lake but would like to maybe venture West somewhere. Any Suggestions would be great!

We are probably going to camp thru the week to avoid the weekend boat traffic somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like

i would say go to truman . not a terrible amount of boat traffic to deal with , buy a tree grabber and get some minnows go up in the tebo arm find some tree in about 20 foot water . have fun , enjoy your time with your daughter
    Likes BarryG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

what curt said should work pretty good action in that area usually

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the reply's. It's looking like we will be going the 10th thru the 14th. Which is next Monday Thru Friday. I have never fished Truman, So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Wyatt’s Guide Service is booked follow long poler!

Good luck and have Fun!
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

blackwater you have PM

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose as of right now we are planning on going to Truman. Just need to narrow down what campground to stay at. I am having trouble finding a good detailed map of the lake. Does anyone have any links to a good map?

Post Thanks / Like

Search Sterrett Creek Marina and when it comes on click on Marina tab. They have several different links there.
    also start with Truman lake map link and at bottom it lists all campgrounds and what services they provide.
    i would try either Bucksaw or Long Shoal area on the Grand to get started. Tebo at Windsor crossing also.
    just got down here this afternoon and plan on trying both arms but I myselph haven't been here for a month so searching a bit myselph and trying what's recommended on here by this weeks posts. Guys and Gals on here will help and I will post how I did in next day or so. It's a Great Lake!
    Likes blackriver4x4 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well looks like I am going to stay at Talley Bend on Truman. Looked like a good central location.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The bite is picking up over there the last couple weeks. You will not have to go far from the ramp to catch fish. We fished in the creeks, on points and on flats Saturday and caught fish on all of them. Points probably the best for numbers. We fished jigs and jigs tipped with minnows in 6-20' of water. 10-12' down in 14-18' was the best range for us. It's getting close to tournament time so reports will get fewer and fewer as we get closer. Have a great time and post some pics of how you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast