Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkie Crank Bait Order

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkie Crank Bait Order

Received my Arkie Crank baits today, about 30 of them and was disappointed. They are painted very nice and I like the colors. The problem was the hooks. Only half of them had red hooks and there wasn't any consistency of hook size. Anyone else experience this problem or should this be expected? Pop

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem......I will report this to Mitch Glenn for you.....he should chime in shortly.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pop, thanks for asking man.
    The original Crappie Cranks were marketed with the small black nickle hooks. These were set up to be standard, everyday colors, that came with adequate hooks to do the job.
    Man, they were a hit, big time. We still get them that way today, although we are looking into making them all standard red hooks.
    After a couple of years of being a sponsor on crappie.com and listening to what the fishermen were looing for, we came up with a wider variety of colors, which include colors designed by both "G" and ScottyV of CC, plus we added a larger red hook to these. The end result is that we have some standard colors with black nickle hooks, which haven't failed yet, and the custom crappie colors with the red hooks. All the crappie Crank hooks come from Matzuo. Best, sharpest hooks for the money that we could find. If its truely an issue that they all have the same hook, i can order you in a box of the red hooks, or the black hooks, so that they can all be the same. Sorry for any confusion, and i hope this helps anyone else who has this same experience.

Thanks
    Mitch
    -We don't need no stinkin' minners!--

www.picolures.com
    Likes "G", Lonnie84, Billbob, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mitch. I really do want the red hooks. I ordered 23 (1 every color) of the 220's and 8 of the 350 series. I am more than willing to pay for the hooks. I will be ordering at least the same quantity each month until I have 3 of every color, so a box of at least 100 would be appreciated. Email me the cost and I'll get a check to you or let me know the size and style hook and where I can order them myself. Thanks again, Pop
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pop, I have to order them in here, shouldn't take but a couple weeks i would think. Ill get a couple thousand in, and i'll shoot you a square deal on them soon as i see them.
    While im at it, i'll get some for the 350 series, in case anybody needs replacements. I'll have them on hand. Sure appreciate the business pop. Send me a pm with your address, and i'll make sure your taken care of.

Thanks
    Mitch
    -We don't need no stinkin' minners!--

www.picolures.com
    Likes "G", Rees Guide, clfarms1, Billbob, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have made up my mind for sure after reading this post that Arkies will be the crank baits that I buy from now on. I was already using Arkies but the customer service showed here made me for sure on the choice of Arkies.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Joey Clark! Arkies are my choice from now on.
    Likes "G", Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Outstanding customer service!
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad I read through all of the post; it started out sounding pretty bad but ended up with excellent results!

Arkie's for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast