Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern 7-29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern 7-29

I convinced Lee to go to Melvern and hoped we'd find a few nice crappie like Ron and I did last week but the day started out with rain and lightening and made us linger alot longer at Green Acres as we watched it pour down. We finally decided to put on our rainsuits and go for it but as we pulled away from the ramp I heard a "thump-thump" noise coming from the back of the boat but the noise would stop when I put it in neutral... so I tried it again..same noise and I'm thinking "man come on" this is the first time I've had my boat out since my knee surgery and now a motor problem ...well as I raised the motor up I saw the problem...I'd forgotten to take my transom saver off the motor...yeah I know SENIOR MOMENT! We did find more of those fat Melvern crappies on brushpiles in 14-18 fow...they all came from different piles than last week and none from the deeper ones. Thankfully Lee brought his Garmin hand held and that helped us find plenty of piles and I was able to put alot more waypoints on my Humminbird. The temps were nice with a good breeze and cloud cover and it made for a pleasant day...we kept 31 with a few 12ins. and most 11in. and over. K-riggs and minnows were the ticket. It was nice seeing the fishing report in todays paper..ALL SPECIES POOR!Name:  20150729_171330_resized-1.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  90.9 KB
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Looks like I will have to head to Melvern this weekend!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ! Looks like you have them dialed in...