Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: IT'S NOW ILLEGAL ....... A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR STATES BOATING REGULATIONS!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy IT'S NOW ILLEGAL ....... A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR STATES BOATING REGULATIONS!

I originally posted this on the Oklahoma board after "dinobot" brought this to my attention: Now keep in mind this is for Oklahoma, but I'm betting this is going to be in your states regulations as well.

dinobot:
    I hear everyone talking about fishing the bridges. What about the fact it's illegal to tie off to or anchor under a bridge.

Lonnie84:
    Okay, that's something I was not aware of, not that I was doubting "dinobot" but I like to see it in writing so I went online and looked up the "Oklahoma Boating Laws and Responsibilities" a handbook put out by the OK Lake Patrol,
    And low in behold there it is on page #38 YELLOW HIGHLIGHT under.........
    .....wait for it ........

....."Home Land Security Restrictions".

Name:  Page 38 - OK Boating Reg..JPG
Views: 771
Size:  93.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Still doesn't say it's illegal. Just expect us to check you out.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

if stopping or tying off under a bridge is considered "HOMELAND SECURITY RESTRICTION" I'd say it's nation wide and "swift and sever action" could mean arrest and/or equipment confiscation. With so many other places to fish why take a chance??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure when they see you fishing under the bridge theyll leave you alone. Sometimes common sense needs to take over.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSlabber View Post
    Im pretty sure when they see you fishing under the bridge theyll leave you alone. Sometimes common sense needs to take over.
    This day and time? Common sense is anything but common with government these days.

We were fishing KY Lake recently when a glitter boat all wrapped up in decals ran past us at well over 50 mph. In the front elevated seat was a cameraman pointing his camera back towards the other 2 guys in the boat. I said then to my buddy one good boat wake and we would be seeing that footage on America's Stupidest Videos.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSlabber View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are probably correct, but if one over zealous officer decides to make an example out of you, it might cost you a fortune to fight it. Common sense is way less common than it used to be.

That being said; I would think fishing under a bridge in the middle of nowhere on your favorite lake would be fine. Fishing under a bridge in a major urban area, would be far more likely to draw a response.

After doing a little research, I'm thinking it is only illegal in certain areas and these should be charted. I've found where it says you can be prepared to be checked or boarded if you do anchor under a bridge, but it's not illegal, except in security zones. For example, the big bridge in Tampa Bay, only the main span is shown as a security zone.
    Last edited by okhawg; 07-25-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    This day and time? Common sense is anything but common with government these days.

We were fishing KY Lake recently when a glitter boat all wrapped up in decals ran past us at well over 50 mph. In the front elevated seat was a cameraman pointing his camera back towards the other 2 guys in the boat. I said then to my buddy one good boat wake and we would be seeing that footage on America's Stupidest Videos.
    or on the news, I can see it now, CAMERAMAN DIES WHEN RUN DOWN BY FISHERMAN.

"common sense" part you sure got right
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer