Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my 4Runner & haven't been able to fish . :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrecked my 4Runner & haven't been able to fish . :(

been so bored (over a month).... & haven't even been able to go fishing to keep my mind off of how bad the insurance Co is trying to screw me on the value of my vehicle.... (easily a $6000+ vehicle & they say its worth less than $2800. then I loose another $500 for the deductible. Trying to fight them on the value... But doubt I will get any more from there greedy hands!)
    I borrowed some money & just bought a real Beater 4runner (few years newer than mine, but in far worse condition!) Spent every dollar I had + what I borrowed to get it & the paperwork done. (have to have a vehicle of some kind) It going to need a few hundred dollars worth of repairs just to make it safe to drive (more if I want to have it reliable) & then somehow I have to buy a new crappie.com sticker to display on it... So its going to be a few months more before I can even get out to go fishing.

sorry for the rant... I just very frustrated & hate insurance companies!!!!
    Last edited by airdreams1; 07-23-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

everyone else feels your pain and hates Ins. Co.s they treat you fine as long as you pay them, but ask for some of it back and you end up wondering why you've been paying them
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you....hang in there
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Funny part is I put a brand new motor in my 4runner $4200 & another $3000 in other parts in less than 1 year (to a very good condition 2nd owner First generation 4Runner).. I explained this all to them before insuring it & was assured Id be covered for the value of the vehicle with all the new parts, motor, etc... Just needed the notes put in my file & to keep all receipts (which I did. & Ive sent coppies to them.)
    There claiming the added value of the new motor w/only 3,600 miles (& still 2 more years of warante is $500. $1200 worth of tires adds $8 value.)

I dont have any more $$$$ to buy a replacement vehicle. Im disabled. sold off 2 cars & other stuff just to have enough to build the truck. Should have lasted me the rest of my life. (maybe needing a few small things & maintanance of course)

& They cant imagine why Im so xxxx @ them????
    Last edited by Barnacle Bill; 07-23-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    everyone else feels your pain and hates Ins. Co.s they treat you fine as long as you pay them, but ask for some of it back and you end up wondering why you've been paying them
    Depends upon the insurance company, you get what you pay for. Most folks look for the cheapest, whether it be for the house, vehicles, etc., just enough to get by. Then, when it comes down to it, they're like "I don't understand?".

I do feel for you, really do, I grew up hard. You'll be okay, believe me.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Being former military, I recently switched to USAA who I heard are suppose to be much better than most of the others.... But So far thats not the case.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my you should have First Right of Refusal on purchasing back your truck if they are going to total it. Get with them on how much they would give you after cost of buying back truck. Usually price of truck should be a lot less than what they are offering you. Take everything off it that is usable and put in the truck you bought IF the motor is not damaged and a lot of the parts would interchange that you put on new that are not damaged. Just do an analysis of how it would work out for you. Might come out a lot better that way even though it would be a lot of agrivation.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

i can buy it back for 350 @ the current insult (offer they made) the motor will work in the 93 beater I bought.... as will some of the front suspention parts...

Problem is $2800 - $500 deductable - $350 buy back = $1950 then - $1000 I borrowed & Im left with $900 to try to fix a beater (not classic or valuable) that needs a lot of $$$$ put into it....
    Just sucks that they can rip you off like they do. It should be illegal!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my old 4runner to give you an idea of how clean it was (I did fix the sag in the rear, but didnt get pics after)

And Now...... (frame is bent, & other damage that isnt visable it the pics my wife took with her cel phone & tow yard.)

Last edited by airdreams1; 07-24-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking Runner.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast