I'm almost besides myself with these weather people. They have no real clue as to what the weather is going to be, even early in the morning of the day they are predicting it! Seriously, how do justify saying that the wind is going to be out of the NE @ 10 - 20 mph (at 5 am) and it turns out that we are becalmed for most of the morning!? Sorry....just one of my pet peeves. LOL!

Anyway, we launched at 7:30 am today with high hopes of a decent breeze to move us around. Beautiful "looking" day:

Name:  Scene.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  51.7 KB

Both Walt & I don't have the arms anymore (arthritis) to cast all day long and as I've posted previously, we do exceptionally well in a strong breeze with our "speed drifting" technique. Air temp was 70 at the time of our launch....water was 76 degrees. The air temps rose rapidly, especially sitting in an aluminum boat on a calm lake! Close to the mid-80's by the time we pulled off around 2 pm.

Without the breeze and right after a strong cold front last night, we didn't do very well today. Total tally of our CPR catch for today was only 54, with only 24 being crappie. The rest were mainly bluegill. And not giant gills either. We did the best we could with two rods each, one with a 1/8 oz. straight tail and second one of the Charlie Brewer's Slider Grubs in various colors, on a 1/16 oz. jig. The majority were taken on the CB plastics. Here are some pictures:

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  Rich_3.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  109.6 KB

Name:  Walt_3.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  126.4 KB

And I even landed a white perch:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  93.8 KB

I also landed a small rainbow trout, but it jiggled free before Walt was able to snap a picture. Not a terrible day today; and after the breeze picked up around noon, the bite did as well. When/if we get a decent day with a steady wnw breeze, we should be able to break our record of 134!