Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Greeson up 4-feet in 24-hours!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Greeson up 4-feet in 24-hours!!!!

Lee Roy and I went back to Greeson today to sink the three bamboo condos we built yesterday and to see about a mess for the freezer.

We've had lot of rain the last couple days but the area around the lake must have really gotten hammered because the lake was up about three and a half feet when from the time we left yesterday and rose another six inches while we were there.

The water was pretty muddy in most of the places we've been catching them but we tried some other areas and surprisingly we caught around 20 and kept 12 pretty gooduns.

We built three more condos but will have to go back to sink them when I get a chance. Tomorrow I'm going to Hamilton - booked a trip for the morning. Since it is a steady level lake, with a lake above to hold back the river it should be in pretty good shape.

We've developed a pretty good system for building our bamboo condos if anyone is interested I can go into more detail when I have time. I still need to finish getting the boat and tackle ready for in the morning so probably won't be in the chat room until later.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry on the 'Midwest Crappie' show did you say Greeson is a Corp of Engineers Lake? If so what district is responsible for the lake? Interested to see lake levels reports that Corp has on-line of most of their lakes.

13 more
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Barry:

Yes, Greeson is a CORP lake, not sure which district - Vicksburg I think. Here is the lake level report that is updated daily during the week.

http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCD...y/Pao_lake.htm

Greeson is reported at 545.58 around 11:00am when the report is made but when we left around 2:30 it was right at 546 - they have marks on the boat ramp at every one-half foot elevation.

Check it tomorrow and it will likely be up another foot or two. All the creeks were still rolling when we crossed them so it's gonna probably keep on rising for a day or two. We should have a good day on Hamilton tomorrow - if I hold my mouth right!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com