Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sandy 7-19-15 Fishing and Laughing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy 7-19-15 Fishing and Laughing

We got an invite from Triton20 (Cody) to come up to his camp and pull some cranks. We met him yesterday evening in Paris for a good supper and then headed for his camp. We hit the sack early and, being an insomniac, I laid there for a couple hours designing a new fish cleaning table in my head. Finally fell asleep and the alarm went off all too soon. It was muggy and very warm, even at 5 a.m. this morning. We got to the first area to start fishing and Paul put one in the boat within the first 10 minutes. As Cody said, woohoo #notskunked! I'll admit, I was the last one to put a fish in the livewell, but I did pretty much get the hang of this crankin' thing. I'm banned from net duty for Cody, though. It seems like every time he had one on, as soon as I grabbed the net, he lost his fish or it was a dink. Apparently, I was the jinx for him today!

I'm gonna tell this though -- Cody had pulled in a real nice catfish and while he was pulling hook out of its bottom lip, that fish spit right into Cody's mouth. The poor guy was spittin and splutterin and he said that it was downright nasty. Evidently catfish spit and ranch flavored Pringles are NOT a good combo. I can't help it - I laughed myself silly. A little later, Paul had another catfish on and it rolled and managed to break the line. Within just a minute, that same fish was on another of Paul's lines, not hooked but tangled with that trailing line that broke off, so he managed to get the fish and the crankbait back. Probably won't see that happen again. By about 1:00, it was mighty hot and we called it a day. We caught about 30 fish in total and kept 16. It was a LOT of fun and we've gained another great friend as well. It was definitely a day well spent!

Name:  Sunrise.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  29.4 KB
    Name:  Paul and Cody.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  31.9 KB
    Name:  Net Woman.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  48.9 KB
    Name:  Fish on ice.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  47.8 KB
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

good report,wont take long for you and paul to get the hang of it

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great times. Hey, Cody, hope to see you again someday. Suggestion: let someone taller than the net be the net person. I fished today with my grandson's and son in law in their back yard . We caught 1 small bass and about 25 bream. About 7 or 8 were really nice size. Caught on cut up hot dogs. My grandsons used to eat the bait, but they have outgrown that, finally. We had some laughs as well.
    Last edited by "D"; 07-21-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Glad to see the crank bite might be turning on.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cody's barge. That is one big fishing boat! Glad you all got out and enjoyed yourselves.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Mrs. Crappie Stalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Another lesson learned on crappie.com. Keep your mouth closed while unhooking catfish......
    Likes Mrs. Crappie Stalker, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious if you don't mind sharing, how deep were those fish.

Post Thanks / Like

We moved around all day and hit depths from 15 - 22 fow.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report on a good trip Vonna. I would have howled on the catfish spit thing too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast