Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new rod information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need new rod information

I want to get a new rod for trolling, and jigging. Im looking at the Ugly Stick Crappie rod, 9ft is the longest its showing in Cabelas. Im not stuck on that one just looking for the right pole. I want a 9ft or 10ft pole, what is the best trolling rod for the money?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which do you mean?

Slow poke trolling with trolling motor or outboard motor trolling? The list is long.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling rods

Theres a guy on the north carolina site that uses ugly sticks exclusively.His name is Rango I'm sure he would be glad to share some info with you.I'm using 10 and 12 foot silstars,they are not a high quality rod but.I'm only paying 18.95 per rod and I have to be a little more careful with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default B'n'M Trolling Rods

B'n'M Poles has several different trolling rods now available. Their "Pro Staff" Trolling Rods comes in 12' (2pcs), 14', and 16' (both 3 pcs). The "Slow-Troller" Series have the 10' pole you're looking for. They're strong, and tested with 2 jigs and a 5 oz. sinker attached, at 2 mph. I have 8 Graphite Jig Poles in 11 and 12', and absolutely love them. Click on the B'n'M Poles link on the top for more information and ordering. You can go to the BPS link to check them out also.

Quote Originally Posted by RLR
    I want to get a new rod for trolling, and jigging. Im looking at the Ugly Stick Crappie rod, 9ft is the longest its showing in Cabelas. Im not stuck on that one just looking for the right pole. I want a 9ft or 10ft pole, what is the best trolling rod for the money?

Post Thanks / Like

get you some bnm's or some wally marshall's. you wont be disappointed. you can buy replacement tips for the bnm's too.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be slow to medium trolling with a trolling motor not a outboard. 2oz. weight would be maximum weight. I have two 12ft. bnm's and wanted a shorter rod, and would like to try something different, I dont want a cork handle. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

go look at bass pro too, they have lots of good long rods for crappie,as well ascabelas has some longer rods too.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look the Richard Williams poles. They are excellent trolling poles. And tip sections are available also. You can check them out at www.crappiestuff.com
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLR

Personally, I think you are on the right track with the Ugly Sticks. Rango pointed me in that direction and even though I had already started replacing my casting rods with them, I had never seen their crappie sticks. As much as I love the light weight and sensitivity of IM6, seems I break too many of them. There's just not enough difference between the two to justify the expense of replacing the graphites, and the Ugly Sticks are as tough as they come,and are both light and sensitive. When it gets down to it, it's what you prefer to fish with.....enjoy the search, that's half the fun...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've got two

10' rods from Richard and they get the job done. Good rod for the money. I used the heck out of mine this past year. They are pretty sensitive as well and you can buy replacement tips if you ever need one. I also like the colored tip as well. Easy to see on those bright sunny days when I'm fishing straight down.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast