Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: White Perch - do you fish for 'em?

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Perch - do you fish for 'em?

One of my favorite fish to catch is white perch. They are a great game fish, hard fighting and won't say quit - they are also delicious! I have decided that this year I am really going to concentrate on becoming a "White Perch Master" ! :D . If you haven't given this fish a try - go for it - you won't be dissapointed, I promise. Anyone else out there like to fish for white perch? God Bless, Alec

White Perch

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in n/w Pa. we do. We go up to lake erie walleye or perch fishing and some days end up catching quite a few white perch. My buddy eats them. I'd rather eat the yellow perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Perch

Fortunate to live (MAINE) on a 10 mile flowage that has 2 lakes & 8 miles of very slow moving stream. Lots of Crappie & White Perch. If I want to catch a variety of fish I use a Slaters jig or a Midsouth Tackle Super Jig tipped with a piece of nightcrawler. If I want just Crappie I use the Super Jig pumped full of Crappie Nibbles with the Bait Pump. Don't know if the Perch dislike the nibbles or love the nightcrawler but very few perch. I cut the nightcrawlers with a paring knife into pieces about the size of a pencil eraser. Frank

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that they were any other fish but a Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

There are very few whites in this area. Once in awhile someone will catch a couple in one of the impoundments but quite rare. Anywhere north of here in MIchigan there are none that I know of. Would like to give it a try some day as I here they can be fun to catch on light tackle.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We fish for them during the summer in coastal rivers. Use beetle spins with a dab a shrimp on it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never have targeted them but still I've caught a few while night stalking for crappie. They are fighters, I'll say that!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

catch a lot of'em at Buggs Island. i troll a 3 way, with a divin plug that'll run as deep as i'm markin fish on 2 ft leader, and a Roostertail spinner on a 4 ft leader. usually stop and fish cut bait(perch) on a 3 hook kentucky type rig vertically, when we find them. 3 @ 1/2 to 1 lbers on same rod is awsome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc
    3 @ 1/2 to 1 lbers on same rod is awsome!
    Oh Man! I bet thats a blast!!
    Alec

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone out w/ Crex for some and we did really well using splatterback 200 bandits. They ate them up. Have also had success with 'crawlers and a bobber.

the next generation of slabhunters