Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wireless fish finders....

basketbreaker Guest

Default Wireless fish finders....

Anyone ever try these?

http://www.humminbird.com/productLin...sp?id=610#sc15

They sound interesting since i am mostly a shore fisherman. But i am skeptical. I can see myself smashing it against a rock or throwing it in a tree. But if it actualy works well, it may be a handy little device. Its from humminbird so they know something about fishfinders.

What do you guys think? Anyone give these a test?

thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wireless

I was reading the details of one this morning, and thought about getting one for use under certain conditions. I would have to be able to cast it with some heavy line, 25 lbs or more, so that I could pull it free of the trees I know I would manage to cast it into. Might be handy if you wanted to check out a certain area without having to risk spooking the fish. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the RF25 used and it looked like it worked pretty well. The guy was tossing it aroud some floating docks and pulling it along the sides. He said the fish were at 14 ft. in 18 ft of water. dropped a minnow and a jig down to that depth and had a double on within a few secounds. had been fishing at 10 ft for about a hour with just a few small ones. It sure made the difference in my day.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.