Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coralville

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Coralville

Fished the res. yesterday,the water is at summer pool level now.It's real muddy 2/3 of the way down.I caught alot of fish useing diffrent methods slow trolling with jigs tipped with gulp grubs,slow trolling minnows,casting twister tail jigs and ver.jigging some brush.I fished water from 1' to 19' deep with most fish 4-8' down.Some of the fish were dark like they have been up shallow already.Some I cleaned had eggs and sperm and some had nothing.For the most part It was a good day considering the way the weather has been for the day and week at that.I got rained on 4 times and sun burned inbetween the rain.It was real windy when I started out then got real calm.Fishing was way better in the wind though.Most crappies I caught ranged from 8-13 1/2" with a few bigger ones.I only keepted 13 fish that went from 11-13 1/2",the rest swims for another day of fun.By all means they weren't jumping on the hook,I had to work for them.I almost forgot the water temp was from 70-73 deg.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Lee.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

?? south of the bridge or in the coves. I fished there friday caught 3 tough as coralville alway's is to many zoomer boats

Post Thanks / Like

?? south of the bridge or in the coves. I fished there friday caught 3 tough as coralville alway's is to many zoomer boats

Mantooth, I fished both north and south of the bridge,And I was working in and out of the coves.When the zoomer boats get going and the waves start pounding the banks pretty hard,I'll move out from the bank and fish deeper.That seems to work good for me.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about coming up to try there. Still catching fish that haven't spawned! WoW! I thought they would've been done there by now. I haven't been to Corralville yet this year. Any fish being taken next door that are over 12" yet? I like the water color and lack of the jerk zoomers in there. Sure is nice since they re-did that lake. Best fishes and full baskets to all!
    <,"}/>{Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, the lake is up about 17' and the only ramp open is at the McCaffree bridge. and more rain today..Im going to try tomorrow.if you get there try the back of the coves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mantooth
    Tim, the lake is up about 17' and the only ramp open is at the McCaffree bridge. and more rain today..Im going to try tomorrow.if you get there try the back of the coves.
    In that case, I would try Squire cove, down the right finger of it, on it's left side. Some great structure there, should hold some real slabs.

Any news about McBride's fish size? Thanks!

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
    In that case, I would try Squire cove, down the right finger of it, on it's left side. Some great structure there, should hold some real slabs.

Any news about McBride's fish size? Thanks!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Squire cove is that the first one above McBride?

I dont do McBride after M-day because of the motor limits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mantooth
    Squire cove is that the first one above McBride?

I dont do McBride after M-day because of the motor limits
    I think that is right. It is the little cove on the South Western bank (I think that is the right direction). I don't have a map here, but it would be worth finding. There are some nice stumps and small laydowns on that particular bank, and the bank itself has steep, step down shelfs. There is also a large log down way back in the center(normally too shallow to get to to fish) and an old beaver feed bed in there. With that much water over the top of it, it should be awesome in there. Not to mention - no *#@$% boaters to deal with!!!

Let me know how you do when you find it. You are in the correct cove, when you can see a foot bride over it's divide in the back of one of it's fingers.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

thats the first cove on the left coming up from the dam? fished coarlville today nothing, no bites, no hits, nothing ,noda,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast