Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 7/11/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 7/11/15

We went out smallmouth bass fishing yesterday and got clobbered with high winds and brutal 2 1/2' white caps. Got out to our spot before the wind really kicked in. By noon, we called it quits with 3 decent smallies caught & released.

Not the story of this post however! Just wanted to let you guys know that we've been focusing on deep water smallies and lake trout for the past couple of weeks and haven't been doing much crappie fishing.

However, this morning, before tackling the yard work, I decided to take my 7' B n' M out for a spin, from shore, with some of those new Charlie Brewer plastics that were sent to me. Fishing from shore is rather hit or miss around here as there aren't that many places that aren't brush covered, preventing access.

I did find two spots and fortunately, the crappie were close enough to shore for me to get some action. Now these fish are not the beauties we get on the main body of the Quabbin Res, but it was a fun way to spend a few hours fishing. Ended up with 22 for the morning. Again, nothing of notable size. Pretty scrappy on 2# line though.

Only had a chance to use one of the plastics - the original Crappie Slider. They seemed a tad long, so I bit off the first segment and threaded it on a 1/16 oz. ball head jig. These crappie loved them! Thanks again C. B. and all you folks involved with the contest. Once we hit the Q again, targeting crappie, I'll post some pictures.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear this report. Thanks.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both