Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Like a kid in a candy store......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Like a kid in a candy store......

Nice little package arrived today!! Only pushed cranks 3 times but have been bitten by the bug to say the least. Only thing I am a bit worried about is the size of the these 220"s? For some reason I thought they were the same body size as the 350 but just had a smaller bill. Oh well, rookie mistake and these may work just as well as my others I have. Any feedback you guys that have pushed for a while can give I would appreciate......do you all feel the larger bodied cranks work better?

Name:  cranks2.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  71.5 KB
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The 220s work great for pushing with a three oz weight three ft. ahead of them. I like the 350s for pulling without weight.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G....I was hoping to hear that. I have a few 3oz weight setups from Scott, but the few times I have pushed so far have been with the Arkie 350 or Scott's custom cranks. They just look super small compared to the others so I was just hoping that didn't make a big difference.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They catch fish pushing better than the bigger baits. A word of caution. Get some good long nose pliers or even better a pair of long forceps. They will inhale that little bait and them small hooks are hard to get out. I actually have changed out the rear hooks on mine to one size larger to help with removal.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes RMGeorge, yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    They catch fish pushing better than the bigger baits. A word of caution. Get some good long nose pliers or even better a pair of long forceps. They will inhale that little bait and them small hooks are hard to get out. I actually have changed out the rear hooks on mine to one size larger to help with removal.
    I always keep a couple pair of needle nose pliers in the boat. Forceps may be the ticket....never thought about using those. Thanks as always Cray.