Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie in Central NC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie in Central NC

I have been fishing since I was a child, but never much exposure to lake fishing. Mostly farm pond and the occasional trip to the lake, but that was few and far between. I am in NC and tried fishing Jordan Lake last weekend with very little luck. I caught some catfish, white perch and a few bass, but only one crappie. With water temps in the mid 80's, where do I begin to look? I did some fishing in 3-6' and then some 12-15' with about the same luck on each. I did not seem to have much luck finding the crappie. I was using beetle spins, various colored jigs, live minnows, and just about everything in my arsenal. Which being new I have not exactly found what works or what I need to add. At Jordan I did not see much structure other than the areas setup by wildlife personnel. I hope to get to Harris this week and see what I can find. Would love to have a small fish fry this weekend. I am not tournament fisherman, just looking to get started on the right path. I have a Lowe 2070 I am still outfitting to be a good fishing and hunting rig. Any help is greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Post this on the NC forum and you'll probably get lots of feedback.