Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lure starter kits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure starter kits?

Hey all, I'm just getting back into fishing on a regular basis after a few years off, and before then it was mainly bass or salmon and saltwater fishing. Now, my boy is old enough to take fishing and I am falling back in love with fishing for panfish. I used to live for it 15-20 years ago, but now all that tackle has been scattered between friends and family, leaving me to start over fresh with artificial bait.

I'm wondering if there is a vendor somewhere who sells assortment packs of the most popular lures. Things like Beetle spin, Mepps Blue Fox, Rooster tail, various spoons, etc.

I've got a good beginner selection of soft baits and a small amount of jig heads, also gathering up new floats and such for fishing crawlers too, but of course I still need more than just a couple floats and packs of hooks.

I've seen the beetle spin packs for $5-$6 bucks on line, but other than that it's all pick-n-choose and gets expensive quick.

Any insight you guys might have would be helpful!

Cheers!

-Alexander

Post Thanks / Like

hello alexander, i offer a few panfishing kits. if there was something you needed more specifically that i dont list, im sure it can be worked out.
    Last edited by Barnacle Bill; 07-08-2015 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Not a sponsor. PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the links, will pick some of those up soon for sure. American made too!

-Alexander
    Likes H2oHammer LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. Be sure to check out the DIY Soft plastics and the Jig tying forum(s) here on Crappie.com. You might want to try the challenge of just making your own lures.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes H2oHammer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used to tie all my own flies for fly fishing, but gave away my gear to a close friend who wanted to start out as I was getting out of the hobby. I've been thinking about getting a vise and such again, but that's a big start up cost and will be spread out over time if I do. But, a simple setup for just tying maribou jigs and adding rooster tails probably wouldn't take much. As it is now, I just don't have the time to fish as much as I want so it's not an investment I can justify to the wife, lol! She puts up with my gun building as it is anyways!

I've bought some of the soft bait kits sold by BPS and Cabela's and was wondering if their jig head kits are worth buying. I'd prefer so support smaller vendors as those two industry giants will survive without my business. Anyways, just looking around for the expert suppliers who can offer advice as well.

-Alexander

Post Thanks / Like

I make rooster tail type baits as well as a few different types and weights of spinners designed for panfishing that i don't have listed on my site as well as dozens of different soft plastics and jigheads and will be happy to work with you to get you started without breaking the bank....feel free to contact me anytime.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie
    Likes fast14riot, bowhunter63 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, I really appreciate that! I will contact you around the end of next week (payday, lol) to discuss things and pick your brain a little bit if that's ok. I've fished for panfish with simple rigs for years, but many of these fancy rigs and presentation techniques are new to me.

Thanks all for the help so far!

Trying to get out fishing this weekend but discovered a seam has let go in my Zodiac, can't find my fins for my float tube anywhere, and the boat blew it's engine up a while back, so I might be stuck on the bank.

-Alexander

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bugman, I sent you a PM.

-Alexander