Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kudos to American Family Insurance, Midwest Prop... and Midwest Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kudos to American Family Insurance, Midwest Prop... and Midwest Marine

Ok, this probably belongs on another forum but I wanted everyone to know about my excellent experience... In case you're buying marine insurance.

April 10... Yes, that long ago... I got high centered on a submerged tree on Smithville. Powered off backwards (dumb, I know)... right into another submerged tree. Bent one ear of the prop backwards. Dropped off at Midwest Propeller (as I have done half a dozen times in the past decade). Got a call saying the prop was too thin from previous repairs (only 6?) and that it needed to be replaced. Didn't file a claim because I thought my deductable was higher than it actually was. Trying my 3rd prop, trying to get right style & pitch, when a loud clacking noise started... in the vicinity of the lower unit. By now it was late June. Took the boat to Midwest Marine in Harrisonville (Smithville Marine backed up 2 1/2 wks.) Bent propshaft. Called my agent... Yes, I could still file a claim despite the fact that I'd let my policy lapse in June (Oops!).

Boat in Harrisonville, damaged prop at home (Northland)... Sent prop pics to adjuster. He drove to Harrisonville. Today I got a check for $1,721 and they reinstated my policy with no rate increase... despite 3 claims over the past 15yrs. Needless to say I gave them an "excellent" rating when the customer service surveyor called!
    Likes long poler, TnRidge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have my boat and office liability and office rental with them. I've always had great service with AmFam.

Ps. Move the auto and home to AAA due to huge savings, also great service.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!!!
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, there Mark! Glad it worked out for you.

Best report out of Smithville for some time!

Post Thanks / Like

love a good ending to a bad situation, My daughter worked for American Family for a bit, she loved them, now she is back with State Farm they good too. (yea, little plug for my baby girl)

Post Thanks / Like

That's called having "GOOD LUCK"!!!! If it happened to me I wouldn't have gotten a dime!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here about a good insurance claim once in awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

I to have American Family haven't had to use it yet hope I never do.glad it worked out for the best