Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my next electric filet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me pick my next electric filet knife

Ok guy/gals... Im getting ready to buy another electric knife as I don't know if my old American Angler is going to last thru the year... I love my old knife and want to go back with the American Angler PRO but after reading some reviews I just don't know if its worth the $100... Does anyone have one or know someone that uses one? How are they holding up? Or do you recommend another brand?

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Rapala 110v with 6" blades for bluegill. For larger cats or even larger crappie I would be using a common kitchen electric knife for the power .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreymassey View Post
    Ok guy/gals... Im getting ready to buy another electric knife as I don't know if my old American Angler is going to last thru the year... I love my old knife and want to go back with the American Angler PRO but after reading some reviews I just don't know if its worth the $100... Does anyone have one or know someone that uses one? How are they holding up? Or do you recommend another brand?

I have one and they are no longer made in USA......haven't been made here in quite a while. I am not happy with mine at all. The Rapala I gave up was a better knife at a much lower cost. To me it is just a crap shoot now with the electric filet knives.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Hamilton Beach from Wal-Mart. They have more power than most fillet knives and are cheap.
    Likes genec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 10 dollar black and decker from walmart and it has been runnin 3 years now without a problem.... when it quits I will be buying another..... just look in the appliance section... I have burnt up a bunch of mr. twister (the green and yellow ones) and several of the rapalas over the years but the black and decker has held up.
    Likes genec LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Twister use to make the best but that was years ago. I sure wouldn't buy one now.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

THAT'S RIGHT, MR TWISTER USE TO BE,NOT NO MORE,EVEN TRIED THEIR HEAVY DUTY, TOO SHORT OF A STROKE,GO TO WALMARK OR SOME PLACE LIKE THAT AND GET ONE FOR KITCHEN
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

This would be a good time for the manufacturers of electric fillet knives to take note. There is a good demand here for a "no bull electric fillet knife". This would need to be made with good metal gears and internal parts(not plastic junk that breaks and wears out quickly)and good sharp blades. With enough power to cut threw good size fish (crappie, catfish,bass,etc.) rib bones. People are getting tired of junk electric knives. I know I have went threw a lot of electric knives myself but will not say which ones. The companies already know this by bad reviews and returns to stores. This could be the time for a company to step up and make a lot of $$$$. But fishermen don't want junk.( Did not mean to hi jack your post coriemassey but I think you are like everyone else needing a good electric knife) A lot of companies and sellers read and take note here on Crappie.com.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Boatbottom, Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for B&D from whatever source you want. I buy the kitchen versions for around $10. When the blades get dull or the motor quits, I buy a new one. Just pitch the old one and move on. My latest B&D has been going to four years!! Maybe I need to catch more fish!! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the "Wife 1.0" version.

If she doesn't work, or refuses to clean fish, it might be time to upgrade to "Wife 2.0" or "Offspring 1.0". I would also accept "Neighbor Kid 1.0, 2.0, or 3.5 (he's a little slow)"

All kidding a side, I've heard the same about the B&D. I'm and old school "by hand" guy myself and enjoy Forsner Knives.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast