Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Caught a Sheet Load of Goodun's

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Caught a Sheet Load of Goodun's

Caught a bunch New Year's Day (and the day after)! Wow man, fishing was great. Can't tell how many fish I caught, but I was culling by 1pm Jan 1. Same thing on Jan 2. Fish were where in brushpiles 8 to 12 feet. Lost a lot of jigs though. EPA people would be pissed. Fish were hitting small jigs and small minnows. Boats running up and down main channel had water churning. The wind was blowing, and it was raining, and Honey and I were catching fish. What a way to start the year!

Pulled boat out of water. What a nasty mess (again). Clean and repair time. Will be ready for launch by end of February. Start again. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great couple of days. It was great to be out during Friday and Saturday here too. Good way to begin the year.
    Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

What lake you fishin in Cane, looks like you was fishing in a oil pond from the looks of the pontoon and motor or was it in the lake all season? Nice fish by the way!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you were safe. We were gettin' worried.

Great way to bring in the new year!

Post Thanks / Like

Should have known you were out in the rain fishing. We missed you in chat and in here these last few days.

Nice catch.

Might use some of that Mean Green or 409 spray on that boat. Maybe Big J can pressure wash it for you in exchange for a free fishing trip or some filets LOL

I cleaned my aluminum boat this year one time. Hand washed it and then hand scrubbed it with Phosporic acid gel stuff. I got it pretty clean and it was looking like new again until I went fishing the very next time. I pull the boat out of the water after only a few hours and I could see the water line again. Damn Stipper Pits are full of some kind of chemicals that stain the aluminum in just hours. I suspect that the water is full of Sulfates or some other chemicals.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    What lake you fishin in Cane, looks like you was fishing in a oil pond from the looks of the pontoon and motor or was it in the lake all season? Nice fish by the way!
    Boat in the water most of year. Pull it out in Jan-Feb to do some needed repairs. The stuff u see on the boat is really dark green. Probably some of that stuff Moose is always yaking about. It is easy to remove from the pontoons (spray chemical the big trucks use). Spray it on, rinse it off. Looks new when done. The engine is a beach to clean. Scrub brush, simple green, and lots of elbow grease and Honey's time. haha

I fish the KY Lake, Big Sandy River area. Been fishing here over 50 years. Still don't know crap about it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch CP! I'm glad somebody can find them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

To bad you cant get your boat on a lift, so you wouldnt have to do that every year.

As the slogan from one of the boat lift mfg in this area is "stop scrubbin your bottom"
    Last edited by TAE73; 01-04-2005 at 05:59 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifts

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    To bad you cant get your boat on a lift, so you wouldnt have to do that every year.

As the slogan from one of the boat lift mfg in this area is "stop scrubbin your bottom"
    We have lots of straight line winds here. Neighbor has lost 2 boats from lift. I figure I can buy 2 boats for price of one lift, besides, this gives Honey something to do so she want be figuring out something for me to do. This make any sense?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was fishing instead of posting on this board - work just gets in the way too much - I know them was some good fillets
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast