Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dads & Daughters fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dads & Daughters fishing report

My friend wanted to get his daughter out on the lake fishing. Because our kids are good friends, we planned an afternoon in my boat this monday. These girls are not fisherwomen by trade, they like boys, phones, and makeup. My goal was to get the kids on to some gills because kids can watch a bobber pretty easy. I prerigged some slip bobbers (not a method I use - ever) and we hit the lake. This lake is one I have fished on 3 times. I had some ideas where to go, read some stuff on this site and made a plan. We pulled up to a spot, and took about 2 mintues to catch the first one, a 9.5 inch bluegill. The action wasn't heavy, but all the fish we caught were big for this area - a couple of 10" bluegills! We even ran into some crappie hungry for half-crawlers dangled in front of them. The biggest crappie was about 12 inches, most were around 10-11 inches. Basically we only threw back one fish as being too small. The girls had a good time on the lake, and we left with 14 fish for my friend in 2.5 hours of fishing with the girls doing the vast majority of the catching. This picture isn't of the biggest ones, but they both hooked up with fish at the same time. Great day!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! They will remember that as a great time!! I bet they forgot about boys, phones and makeup for a while. Good job!
    Likes Glenn LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  TEACH PEACE.jpg
Views: 20953
Size:  37.5 KB

What a great report. The bond that exists when a father and child fish together is priceless. What a great way to teach peace.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes scrat, floatntiny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter went fishing with me as a kid, she always tried the "I'm bored" act. But when a fish hit, she turned into a fisherwoman in a hurry! She hooked a 4' gar on a minnow one day, and I think we had to get her a change of shorts.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great. I took my kids fishing on vacation earlier this year and they had a blast. Theyre not fishermen either (only 3 and 2) but they each caught a rock bass and a gill and had fun.

its always good to take the kids out and spend time in the outdoors.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a GREAT day!!! Good Job!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

These memories will last. Mine are 30 and 32 now with their own kids and still bring up one trip or another whenever we get together. Good job Dad.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

those smiles say alot!!!!!!! congrats!!