Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie located where they usally aren't this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie located where they usally aren't this time of year

In the northeast we've had crazy weather with the heavy rains and cold fronts dropping water temperatures from near 80 to 70. The water was roiled pretty good in my local lake and fishing deep produced nothing. The crappie I caught were super shallow in about 2' and in pad pockets with 3 FOW. Could be the windy day just after 2 days of rain and night temps of 53 degrees that made them less active.

I'll be fishing a superb crappie lake in the next few days and hopefully do much better shallow to deep. What a huge difference between the two!

Post Thanks / Like

The weather here in Missouri has been crazy.Everything is under water weird year for sure.We dont need any more rain.
    Share the outdoors with our Children.The world will be a better place.

Post Thanks / Like

I am having trouble finding suitable weeds. When I do, crappie are stacked in them. But most of my normal points have about 20% of normal weedgrowth so far. Side imaging has been great locating spots. Maybe you have the same problem with limited deeper growth and that's why they were shallow?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you have the same problem with limited deeper growth
    3000 Freekn' grass carp that decimated every weed bed in the lake (except pads which they don't eat). At least the homeowners are happy! Maybe in another 10 years they'll die off and the weeds will return, though past, present and future generations will most likely be eaten by an overpopulation of white perch.