Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: white perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default white perch

Wanting to know if anyone knows the best area to catch these things at Eldorado or cheney? Going to go blue cat fishing next weekend was wanting to use them for cut bait. If anyone catches them this week let me know I'll take them...thanks Lonnie

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie,

The "best" area at El Dorado changes on a regular basis but a rule of thumb is to look for an old road off a point and start with a small hook and piece of 'crawler in 6 to 8 foot of water. As summer progresses and water temps increase the fish will go deeper. White perch can be caught on small spoons when they are feeding upon young of the year shad which saves the hassle of using live bait. Humps, channels, and breaks are also high percentage areas for white perch...they are virtually everywhere in El Dorado. I saw them from the dam to the upper end of the Walnut river on Tuesday of this week. Most are quite small so use a small hook...or the rapid "tap tap tap" will instantly remove your bait!!

Also, remember to kill the white perch immediately as possessing live white perch is illegal.