Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double minnow rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double minnow rigs

What do y'all use most often, a double wire hook or wire hook with a jig on bottom? Still getting used to spider riggin and am just making up some extra rigs. Thanks for the inputs

Post Thanks / Like

As of this year, I run 1 minnow and 1 jig, and mix up the color and type jigs from pole to pole to find out what works best, and surprisingly Jigs have done as well and most times caught more fish then minnows, plus the I always wondered why the guy at the bot shop always offered to order in my favorite tobacco like he really cared about me, lol

Post Thanks / Like

I use a double lite wire hook setup. I tie up different size weight rigs tho some times the fish are a little more finicky and can feel the resistance of the weight.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use both and some days they want only minnows and some days mostly jigs. Some days it will change in an hour and they bite the other one better so I mostly keep some of each one out for them to choose what they would rather have.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Get some gnats from Donnie at crappie logic. You can find them on the classifieds section.... They are a awesome addition to double minnow rigs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2424.jpg 
Views:	1137 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	207434
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. I've made up several wire/wire, wire/jig, an wire/roadrunner in 3/8 an 3/4 so I can have an assortment. I can't make myself ever go an spider rig though. I like the thump too much. Sooner or later I will just have to leave my short rods at the house an make myself go learn it better.

Post Thanks / Like

You HAVE to leave your short rods at the house or you wont ever give it it's just due. If I plan on rigging, I leave everything else in the fishing shack.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net