Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 6/22/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 6/22/15

The weather forecast for today was for 10 - 15 mph winds, which precluded us from trying our hand at the lake trout & smallmouth bass. So, we hit our favorite crappie pond, fully expecting a decent speed drift. They lied. We probably had a 3 - 5 mph zephyr at best, with a good portion of the morning dead panned.

And it was hot too! Air temp started out at 76 degrees and when we pulled off at noon, it got well up into the 80's. Water temp was steady at about 70 degrees for the morning.

We ended up with 69 fish between Walt & I; 58 were our target species of crappie. We got 2 yellow perch, 7 bluegill and one rainbow trout. Here are some of the pictures from today:

Name:  Rich_3.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  142.7 KB

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  132.9 KB

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  31.6 KB

Oh yes....and I also caught the "bane" of my life - a "slime dart", or as some of you know them better by the species, pickerel. It really did a number on our lines, crossing and knotting them badly. That's about the time we decided to call it quits. Good day regardless.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish! We don't have any Yellow Perch here in Arkansas. I hear they eat better than Crappie. Sorry to hear about your scorching mid-80s temps! Lol!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)