Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling Jigs Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Jigs Question?

Guys,

Think I am going to try Reelfoot tomorrow! Anyone been out lately, its pretty cold here today, but its supposed to be a little warmer w/ a lot less wind tomorrow near as I can tell.

My question is this, I have had relatively little luck in trolling jigs in comparison to minnows. How do you guys tie your jigs when trolling? Do you use a capps and coleman type rig, or do you just tie the top w/ a polymer knot, leave a long tag and then tie an egg sinker and another jig on the bottom?

Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

try this, I have been using this dropper loop and been working great tie 2 or 3 and add your weight to the bottom, after you tie it a couple of ties it is real easy
    http://www.animatedknots.com/dropper...matedknots.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SEMOmike
    Guys,

Think I am going to try Reelfoot tomorrow! Anyone been out lately, its pretty cold here today, but its supposed to be a little warmer w/ a lot less wind tomorrow near as I can tell.

My question is this, I have had relatively little luck in trolling jigs in comparison to minnows. How do you guys tie your jigs when trolling? Do you use a capps and coleman type rig, or do you just tie the top w/ a polymer knot, leave a long tag and then tie an egg sinker and another jig on the bottom?

Thanks guys!!
    This is not the method I use to troll at all, but I do want to give it a shot with spider rigging style at some point.

My style of trolling will be good in the spring and fall and I have been doing this for over 35 years very successfully. Take a look at my How To Page for a brief type explanation of what I do. Here is a link...
    http://thumpitjigs.com/HowTo.html

Hope this helps

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's dif...

ferent. If you come down to the Reelfoot Lake, Sardis Lake, and Kentucky Lake area you see very different methods that the one you described.

Maybe I will try that sometime!!

Post Thanks / Like

I tie a dropper loop with a 1/8 jig about 18 inches above another 1/8 jig with NO sinker. If the wind is bad I will go to two 1/4 jigs. I will probably be there tomorrow. I have to check the weather right here in a bit and decide.