Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Washington

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Washington

have any of you guys fished lake washington?I am from missouri and i made my first trip to mississippi to crappie fish and as long as i live i will never miss a march trip to the slab capitol of the world we just dont have crappie up here that will compare to those hogs.you guys have any suggestions on any other lakes or oxbows?all help would be appreciated.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I like the Reservoirs (Sardis, Enid,etc.) better than oxbows in the spring because of water level stability. Those oxbows can be tough if you catch them on real high water from river runoff in the spring and I would hate for someone to make a big trip to have their fishing be miserable. It hurts me when I make a useless trip and I am only 20 minutes away. I usually hit the oxbows in the summer.

The biggest advice I can give is to make sure you ask around enough to know the optimum river level for fishing each oxbow before you make the trip, and check the appropriate river gauge. For example I would rather fish at Tunica Cutoff if possible, but if the river level isn't between 10 and 20 feet (14 -18 feet preferably) on the Memphis gauge, I go to Enid or Sardis instead. Before they built a weir dam there, if the guage was below 10ft. most of the crappie cover is out of the water, over 20 and everything is underwater and the crappie are scattered everywhere - good for bass fishing though.