Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Belton

texanz1187 Guest

Question Lake Belton

hey any one fish lake belton i have to go down to temple later this month and im goin to do some fishing and was wondering where to go on belton thanks

Post Thanks / Like

texanz1187- Try "Texas Fishing Reports". At this site, you can search where they were biting in prior years. I have not fished there in over 40 years, when my Dad took me.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like those Belton Crappie & and I are going to meet again. My Sis in Killeen is going to need my help over the next few weeks due to surgery on a kneecap.

crappiecatcher01 Guest

Default Belton Lake crappie

I just fished Belton today at the BLORA fishing dock. Had a couple smaller 9 inchers, but no keepers today. They are biting real slow and have probably moved to deeper water for the heat. It is definantly hot out there, so if you do go during the day be sure to bring some water....Later.......

crappiecatcher01 Guest

Default Anybody else here fish belton or stillhouse???

I am definantly not new to the area, but I usually don't have any luck at these lakes usually. If anyone else does let me know where to go out there...
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

its a little too hot for me i normally fish winter & spring . but the hwy 36 bridge has recently been replaced and the old tear out was stacked where the old railroad tressle was put when the lake was formed. its about 300 yards south of the bridge the maps you can buy at wallmart give a general idea of location. its about 30 feet of water in the river channel . been wanting to try but just too busy . if you do try pleas let me know the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Belton at least once a week and have had good luck this year. I've been night fishing the main lake points in about 25-30 feet. Drop a light and fish about 18 feet down. Try minnows and tube jigs under a slip cork. Email me at [email protected] if you want more info. Put something in the subject line so I dont' delete it.

Scott
    Scott