Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever sent a reel to shimano?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever sent a reel to shimano?

I have 3 messed up shimano reels and I think it's from me putting to much reel oil in them? They are 750 Sahara 750 symetre and a 1000 Sahara (older). The reels are locked up pretty much extremely hard to turn saw something on here talking about something similar saying a washer might be bad but opened it up and don't see anything wrong :/. Just curious if you all would send them off to shimano? I don't really have anything to lose they are worthless right now and before they were my favorite reels... Any info to help me out would be appreciated

Thanks,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I have 3 messed up shimano reels and I think it's from me putting to much reel oil in them?
    I NEVER oil my reels, and they work fine. Having said that, certain Shimano's do have a history of binding, particularly if they've gotten wet. (I got caught in a pretty heavy rainstorm once, and my Shimano Symetre was just unusable after that.)

I've heard good things about Shimano customer service, so you could give it a try.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used this fella for parts before and have heard good reviews from others on his repairs.http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/contact_us.php
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

There are local service centers and would use a reel repair shop local if warrenty was expired .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a guy at Bugg's that people say is really good at repairing reels. Tommy Wilson's phone # is 276-956-4676. He goes by Bassman13 on the Kerr/Bugg's island fishing board. http://kerrlake.proboards.com/
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I've sent reels back to Shimano before - If you do make sure to insure them with the PO and take pictures of them in the box you're sending them in. Have gotten really good service from them. I've heard good things about Mikes Reel repair on many boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres another for ya'..Tunasreeltroubles.com chek 'im out

Post Thanks / Like

Saharas have earned the nickname "Shibindo". There is a bushing in them that will swell when it gets wet.....and as Disco mentioned the Symetre. I have sent reels off to Shimano before for servicing. They do a good job of cleaning and lubing the reel at a reasonable price...which was at one time 20 bucks.....plus you have to pay to ship it to them. The 750 series are no longer made and a new 1000 Sahara is $79.99. If Shimano has to do anything other than clean and lube...and I mean anything.....it is not worth it to send it into them. You will have paid more than what the new one costs.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions everyone... I might see if I can find a local reel shop first

Post Thanks / Like

Finally found the thread at BBC on Shimano fix

Shimano Spinning Reel "Wet Sticking" Problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast