Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkie 2.5" XL tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkie 2.5" XL tube

Wondering if anyone has tried these? Im looking at them for walleye, but maybe some crappie too!! I have a question for anyone with one on hand, what is the diameter of it? Can i get a 1/8-1/4 head up in it without bulging it too bad?

Wish i could see them in person! Hate to order a bunch (which i plan to do) then find out they arent what i expected.... But the diameter will help. Arkie 2.5" XL tube

Post Thanks / Like

They make a jig head to insert in them, I been using them on roadrunners long lining and they work very well. PM Shineehineekid, Mitch will answer any questions you have, super guy and he knows his tackle.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin. Most all tube insert heads will fit inside of these. The 1/4 oz. will take a little more persuasion than the 1/8 oz.
    A very common method of using them is with a ball head, rigged as shown on a walleye jig head. Add a tiny drop of super glue to the head when you push the head up, and the tube will last and last.... usually until you loose it! Rigging this way also has the benefit of adding contrasting colors to your bait, and eyes to the bait. Things that both walleye and crappie seem to like!.
    Good luck.
    Mitch
    Name:  _20150617_065307.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  22.0 KB
    -We don't need no stinkin' minners!--

www.picolures.com
    Likes "G", theygotaeat, Tn Johnboy, "D" LIKED above post