Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirwin Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kirwin Report

Sorry for the delay here guys I had surgery on the shoulder immediately following this trip and have been behind at life ever since. Fished Kirwin Sunday the 31st and Monday the 1st. It was my first time on that lake. If you have never been there I would recommend trying it once in your life the views are awesome and the lake has good structure and is fun to fish. The boat ramp is something to be desired and if your not great at backing boats you might bring someone who is. We were wanting some walleye and scouting my maps told me to try this skinny main lake point off the north end that has a couple humps on it. Well I wasn't the only one who thought that there was about 6 boats on it when we got there. We marked a school of fish and went and got on them. Turned out to be crappie and I was lucky enough to have some minnows with me. We did quite well moved around using SI to find different schools out there and would use it to locate which side of the boat to fish out of too. We ended up keeping 62 that first day real nice fish between 12"-14" had some throw backs too (not many). Males had their tuxs on too. We also ended up with 4 18" plus wipers.

Went back n Monday bite slowed down as the wind picked up. Found some more crappie in brush 4-10'. Ended up wit 36 nice crappie Monday. Now on to walleye the rest of the summer as I have plenty of crappie for nice fry. First pic is the double we hit right off the bat
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

nice fishes don't get many reports from out there thought it was all dried up?

Post Thanks / Like

Lake was real low. Saw some guys kicking up mud getting in and out of boat ramp cove. There's a little channel in it that you need to follow to stay in about 4' of water to get in and out. I really hope they get some rain out there this year they need it. Talked to a guy at the cleaning station from west of there who told me he hasn't planted a wheat crop since fall of 2011 due to drought.
    Likes RWiske LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Super report and pix. Great smiles also!! Praying for the best for your shoulder.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Great report thanks I was under the impression they had closed all the ramps so thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

What ramp did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

South side east ramp

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt in Phillips county ... Have been around that lake many times ... Had no idea it had good crappie!!! The drought has been bad in that area
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

great report and pics. those are some nice slabs and worth the drive to catch a few of em!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

i just noticed the cell phone looking for a place to fall in. lol
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast