Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a new depth finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a new depth finder

Just but a new 5 in. Chrip at the wheel now ready for a new one on the trolling motor and help wound be nice any one know anything about garmin

Post Thanks / Like

I know that new Panoptix sure looks like it might be cool to have. Don't take that as an endorsement tho, since I have never used Garmin

Post Thanks / Like

I also need one for the front of my boat to use on the TM which has the built in US2 transducer so I am looking at a GPS/sonar combo. The HB Helix seems to be the best deal going. It has a 5" screen and color too for $300. I have a HB385 on it now and after using my HDS7 for a while, the screen on the HB looks really small.
    I keep thinking one of the members here is going to upgrade and post a 2D/GPS combo for sale.
    By the way, I would suggest getting the same brand as you have on the console. It is easier than having to switch back and forth because each brand has their own peculiarities. I know because I have a Lowrance and a HB and I have to remember which button does what.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin ECHO 550c which I don't think they make anymore but the picture clarity is exceptional, makes structure very well for a basic unit. I have had some connection problems with the power plug and the base is a little flimsy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

I use to run Garmin, they are good, some guys on truman use them,and a couple tv guys have them on there boats, Garmin is world wide. I like Lowrance, ease of use,dependable... do the research and choose what suits you best...luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

I also had a Garmin, it was as good as any I've ever had. It went with the boat when I sold it.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.